Monday, July 16, 2012

Kim Watters' "And Father Makes Three"




Title: And Father Makes Three
Publisher: Harlequin’s Love Inspired

Cover blurb: “Your Daughter Needs You.”
She’s saved countless lives, yet there’s one person emergency room doctor Elizabeth Randall can’t rescue—her adopted daughter, Jordan. Perhaps meeting her biological father, Blake Crawford, will be the lifeline Jordan needs. The handsome, guarded firefighter takes risks every day. But facing the daughter he never knew—along with lovely Elizabeth—has him thinking about family. With fatherhood thrust suddenly upon him, there’s no way he can turn his back on his sick child. Will working together to give Jordan a second chance at life also lead them to a second chance at love?

1) How did this story come to you?
The idea for And Father Makes Three came from a personal situation. One of my dear friends from high school was diagnosed with Large Cell B non-hodgkins Lymphoma and needed to have a bone marrow transplant to put her cancer into remission. I twisted things around a bit and brainstormed with my critique group and came up with the premise of a child having leukemia and in need of a bone marrow transplant. Her biological father plays a key role in helping both his daughter and her adoptive mother tackle the illness and put it back into remission. In Carol’s honor, I have dedicated this book to her.

2) Tell us about the journey to getting this book published.
Well, aside from having to rewrite it a few times there isn't too much to tell. I sold it on proposal and then wrote the book. Three weeks before I turned the manuscript in, I discovered that I'd received some misinformation and had to change my entire plot and conflict for the book. I work a full-time job and my kids had just gone back to school so no pressure there. I turned it in on time and hoped my editor wouldn't notice the changes too much. I did get a revision letter back and had to rewrite the book even more with her comments. I even wrote scenes in the final line edit stage, but I feel the book is so much better with all the editorial input.

3) Tell me three things about yourself that would surprise your readers.
I’ve lived in Johannesburg, South Africa and Le Harve, France, I absolutely, positively HATE to fly, and I’m claustrophobic.

4) What are you working on now and what's next for you?
I just turned in another proposal to my editor with the working title A Christmas Angel.

5) Parting comments?
Thanks for having me here K. Dawn. It’s always a pleasure to share my works with your fans.

6) Where can fans find you on the internet?
http://www.kimwatters.com/  from there I have links to my social networking sites.

9 comments:

  1. I would love to win a copy of this book! Thanks for the giveaway.

    nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net

    ReplyDelete
  2. AND FATHER MAKES THREE sounds like such an emotional and heart-warming story.

    marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nancye, Marybelle and Apple Blossom. Thanks for stopping by. Best of luck to all of you.

    Kim Watters

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an intriguing plot! I hope your friend is staying healthy. Thanks for writing stories that encourage us in our faith.
    workamper2530@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by Janet. Yes, my friend has been in remission for a few years now and is very active in finding a cure for cancer now. Thanks for asking.
    Have a blessed day.

    Kim Watters

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to be entered for And Father Makes Three, it sounds like a touching story. Thanks!
    worthy2bpraised at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by Merry. I hope And Father Makes Three does touch your heart if you get a chance to read it. Have a blessed night.

    Kim Watters

    ReplyDelete
  8. would love to read this beautiful story...thanks for the chance ;)

    karenk
    kmkuka at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Janet. Random.org picked you to win a copy of my book. I'll be contacting you shortly. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.

    Kim Watters

    ReplyDelete

Interview with Barbara M. Britton and spotlight of Lioness...

We're happy to have Barbara M. Britton with us talking about her book Lioness . To learn more about her and Lioness, please read o...