Monday, June 4, 2012

Staci Stallings' "To Protect & Serve"



Publisher: Spirit Light Publishing
 Cover blurb: Houston firefighter, Jeff Taylor is a fireman's fireman. He's not afraid of anything, and no situation is too dangerous to keep him on the sideline if lives are at stake.

Lisa Matheson runs a semi-successful ad agency that's on the brink of falling apart. Her employees are incompetent and her schedule has become exhausting. When she takes on a client with a brilliant idea for a big conference, she thinks that maybe, finally this is her lucky break. However, the fire station wasn't what she had in mind for finding conference speakers. When she falls for a handsome but shy firefighter, it's possible that life might just be going her way for a change. The only problem is she can't control Jeff and the death wish he seems to have...

1) How did this story come to you?
I was writing another story, and when I write, I create a soundtrack for the story and I pull pictures from the 'net of people who look like my characters. At the time a young lady who was working for me became interested in "the process" of how I wrote the books. So I was sharing the pics, etc. For this book, I had one member of a 90's boy band; however, instead of liking him, she "fell for" one of the other guys in the band. She kept asking when I was going to write HIS story. Finally, just to tell her definitively that wasn't going to happen, I said, "Okay, God, if I was going to write his story, what would it be?" To Protect & Serve dropped into my lap.

2) Tell us about the journey to getting this book published.
In August of 2011, I read an ebook about how to put your book for sale as an ebook. I had dabbled in ebooks before, but at that point I decided to go big in ebooks. By October I had 13 ebooks for sale and I was seeing a steady climb in sales. By January, I knew this new venue was where I was meant to be publishing. After my ebook "Deep in the Heart" climbed to the #1 spot on four category lists, I decided to take the plunge with "To Protect & Serve," the first of a three-part series with the other two coming out in July and November 2012.

3) Tell me three things about yourself that would surprise your readers.
I love to Wii snowboard--all the action, none of the hospital bills.
When I was young, I grew up on a dairy farm and did a lot of milking and feeding cows with my parents and siblings.
When I was in 11th grade, I drove tractor out in the middle of nowhere for a whole summer. I spent my days plowing up and down fields, listening to the radio, and meting out my lunch and snacks so I would have enough for the whole day because the nearest "store" was 30 minutes away--about the same distance as the nearest other person on the planet.

4) What are you working on now and what's next for you?
Many projects are going at the same time right now. I am working on getting three books out in print (they have all been released as ebooks and climbed the Amazon charts, so people want them as paperbacks now). I have the second in The Courage Series coming out in late July. I am finish-editing three short story collections and a Bible study to come out some time by the end of the year. And of course, I'm keeping up with my husband, three kids, house, two businesses, two large extended families, and all of our pets!

5) Parting comments?
Thank you so much to all of my readers and reviewers and to God. I always hoped this day would come, but there were moments in there I wasn't totally sure it wasn't all a pipe dream. However, my early readers were very encouraging, my reviewers have just been awesome as have my writing friends and host bloggers. And of course, God is just completely and totally awesome to have put the pieces in this puzzle just the way He did all the while keeping me focused on something I couldn't even see back then.

6) Where can fans find you on the internet?
My Christian Living blog: http://spiritlightbooks.wordpress.com/
Info about my Romance Novels: http://ebookromancestories.com/
Coming soon: http://www.stacistallings.com for the latest and greatest!
My giveaway book will be an ebook, so the person will need to have either a Kindle or a Nook.

THANKS, K. Dawn! I've enjoyed my time on your blog!

5 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read this book. I LOVE Staci's writing! Deep in the Heart was awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like an awesome book. My twin sons are firemen! I'm sure it would be a very interesting read. Thanks for this opportunity. God Bless,
    Tracey K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for having me, K. Dawn! Good luck to everyone. Thanks, Mom of 9! So glad you enjoyed Deep in the Heart!

    God bless you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the chance to read this beautiful story :)

    karenk
    kmkuka at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds great and would love to read. Thanks for the opportunity!

    Blessings,
    Jo
    azladijo(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

Interview with Barbara M. Britton and spotlight of Lioness...

We're happy to have Barbara M. Britton with us talking about her book Lioness . To learn more about her and Lioness, please read o...